This car is SOLD. Please submit a “Want to Buy” form, and we’ll scavenge our nationwide network to source another.
For your consideration – a 1997 BMW E36 M3 Coupe covered in Hellrot Red over Nappa Black leather interior with manual Vader seats, lots of recent maintenance, and thorough documentation dating back to 2001. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 2-owner, 139k miles, all original VIN tags present and visible. Equipped with a factory rear spoiler, Dinan modifications, and thorough recent maintenance, we’re pleased to offer this rare and desirable E36 M3.
Notable Maintenance —
Please view in-depth – this is a very nicely sorted and complete E36 M3 that has received quality mechanical care. The majority of engine and drivetrain components were replaced and/or refurbished recently; this includes but is not limited to the following:
– Synthetic oil changes in 5k mi. intervals
– Engine oil, coolant, power steering fluid
– OEM BMW head gasket, ARP head studs, valve stem seals, VANOS seals, valve cover gasket, NGK spark plugs
– OEM radiator, upper/lower radiator hoses, Stewart water pump, thermostat, aluminum thermostat housing
– OEM LUK clutch kit, OEM LUK flywheel, rear main seal, associated drivetrain components
– Lemforder front control arm bushings, front sway bar end-links, transmission mounts
– Power steering reservoir, lines, and cooler
– Oil pan gasket – for peace of mind, the oil pump nut was safety wired when the oil pan gasket was replaced
– Full set of new 225/45-17, 245/40-17 BFGoodrich tires w/ a fifth matching spare
The modifications are very few and tasteful, encapsulating the OEM+ mantra. The catalog of Dinan components enhance the beloved E36 chassis, and the suspension is excellent for street comfort and mild track usage.
– OE BMW Euro clear lights; tail lights, side markers, corner indicators
– Dinan springs mated to Bilstein B8 dampers
– Dinan front & rear adjustable sway bars
– Dinan software
– Dinan short shift kit, OE BMW ZHP shift knob
– ZKW Euro headlights
– OE BMW 3-spoke wheel
– A fully-functional OE BMW keyless entry system. Seamless integration with no additional wiring nor aftermarket alarm components
– MSportParts (MSP) EU to US headlight adapters, “BMW International” door trim badges, BMW 318is/4 Class II (later GT and LTW-applied) glovebox plaque, trunk latch reinforcement, BMW GT/GT2-applied velocity splitters
Notable Imperfections –
– Rear exterior window trim is slightly lifting and splintering towards the C pillar(s)
– There are very minor cosmetic imperfections throughout that are par for the course, though presents nicely overall. Please reference the gallery below for an accurate display of aforementioned imperfections.
This is a turn-key E36 M3 both mechanically and cosmetically. While there is some general wear due to age/use, there are no notable imperfections in the interior – the seats and seat bolsters are intact, the dashboard leather is tight without signs of sagging, glovebox is largely intact, A, B, C pillars are taught, headliner has been newly recovered, and all interior functions work as intended. The exterior paint has maintained excellent depth, has zero fading nor oxidation, and all factory VIN tags present and visible. The bumpers, nose panel, and hood were resprayed to remedy rock chips – not due to an accident or structural damage, where before and after photo documentation is available. The suspension, engine, drivetrain, and remainder of mechanical components are in sound working order. No leaks, no overheating, other oddities nor mechanical needs. It is a copacetic M3 in a rare, desirable color with moderately low miles and thorough maintenance intended for years of enjoyment or investment.