This car is SOLD. Please submit a “Want to Buy” form, and we’ll scavenge our nationwide network to source another.
For your consideration – a 1997 BMW E36 M3 Coupe, with beautiful Dinan components, loads of recent maintenance, and a manual transmission. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 2-owner under the same family since new, 114k California-owned miles, Alpine White over Black nappa leather E36 M3. Equipped with Dinan’s S3 package including a CARB-legal Dinan supercharger and very thorough preventative maintenance, we’re pleased to offer this beautifully sorted and potent E36 M3.
Notable Maintenance —
Extensive rejuvenation and maintenance commenced recently. With break in miles complete, this work includes but is not limited to the following — machined and rebuilt cylinder head, valve guide seals, head gasket, front timing cover, VANOS seals, timing chain, timing chain guides, installed ARP head studs, entire cooling system, intake (M50) manifold gaskets, replaced any/all hoses, gaskets, lines and fittings in the engine bay, and zinc-plated all period-correct hardware; picture and spreadsheet documentation is available, and details are as follows –
– OEM BMW head gasket, ARP head studs, valve guide seals, Beisan VANOS seals, timing chain and timing chain guides, valve cover, oil filter housing gasket, oil pan gasket, safety-wired oil pump nut
– S54 Z3M 3-row radiator, OE upper and lower hoses, Stewart metal-impeller waterpump, thermostat, thermostat housing, expansion tank, heater hoses, intake manifold, throttle body gaskets, OE BMW camshaft position sensor
– Engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, differential and transmission fluid
– All belts, pulleys, belt tensioners, S62 CCV, new CCV hoses
– OEM BMW motor mounts, transmission mounts
– OE BMW control arms, ball joints, tie rods, sway bar end-links, front control arm bushings, rear trailing arm bushings, differential bushings
– Power steering reservoir, power steering lines
– All rebuilt OE BMW brake calipers w/ brass guides, rotors, pads, stainless lines
– New CARB-legal catalytic converters
– New and/or rebuilt supercharger system – details below
Being a Dinan S3 E36 M3, the modifications are very tasteful with the majority being NLA (no longer available) and massively enhance an already balanced and strong platform. The Dinan supercharger retains California legality (CARB legal), and drives like stock on steroids being conservative in nature. It starts, shifts, accelerates, and performs beautifully – only far more powerful with the same healthy, linear power band. The entire kit, Vortech V2Si charger included, has ~1,000mi.
– Dinan supercharger kit; Vortech V2 Si charger, 6.5psi, Vortech 5.25″ crank pulley, 3.12″ charger pulley, MSP intake pipes, 28.8lb. Dinan injectors
– Dinan engine software
– Dinan throttle body
– Dinan muffler
– Dinan strut tower braces
– Dinan springs
– ZHP “Yellow Tag” steering rack
– Leather-matched Recaro SR seats w/ Recaro sliders
– Genuine Bosch H1 ‘Euro’ glass headlights w/ MSportParts harness adapter
– Genuine Stamped Style 24 wheels w/ new OE-sized Toyo Proxes Sport tires
– Genuine BMW Euro clear corner lens, side markers, and tail lights
– “BMW International” door trim badges, BMW GT/GT2-applied velocity splitters, Mashaw GT spoiler with LTW risers
– The Dinan mechanical fan has been removed, though the Dinan-modified fan shroud and Dinan-specific fan clutch spacer remain. This can be installed if the new owner desires.
Notable Imperfections –
ALL VIN tags are present and visible showing all-original body panels.
There are no notable imperfections in the interior – the Recaro seats are period correct in excellent condition with minimal miles and matching leather, the dashboard leather and headliner are taut without signs of sagging, the glovebox is fully intact, all A, B, C pillars are tight, all OBD functions illuminate and function as intended, A/C, heat, and defrost all work without hiccup. BMW’s winning Alpine White exterior paint has maintained excellent depth and is free of any dents, scratches, and etching. The suspension, engine, drivetrain, and all mechanical components are all in perfect working order — and a treat to see all zinc plated and built to this standard. No leaks, no overheating, other oddities or mechanical needs. Please review the documentation and pictures in-depth as this is a truly complete and beautiful Dinan S3 E36 M3. Offered with the original sales literature, contract, and paperwork from 1998.