This car is SOLD. Please submit a “Want to Buy” form, and we’ll scavenge our nationwide network to source another.
For your consideration – an all-original, two-owner, low mileage 2001 BMW 740iL in exceedingly beautiful condition. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 2-owner, 88,850 mi., Alpine White over extended Grey leather interior with factory Shadowline trim and Style 37 “M Parallel” wheels. This is a bone-stock example that shows as a time capsule.
Notable Maintenance —
This 740iL has been maintained exceedingly well with scheduled, regimented care throughout its life – most notably the following:
– Annual or 5k mi. oil change intervals; whichever is met first
– Engine oil, brake fluid, coolant
– Power steering hoses, power steering reservoir, power steering fluid
– Radiator, upper/lower radiator hoses, radiator bleed hose, expansion tank, fan clutch
– Drive belts, air conditioning belt
– Front/rear brake pads and rotors
– OEM BMW starter
– New AGM battery
– Full set of (5) Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+ tires
Notable Imperfections –
– Some pixels are out in the gauge cluster (all HVAC/radio diodes intact)
– Very minor road rash on the front bumper and touch-up on the forward-facing hood that are par for the course – though presents beautifully overall. Please reference the gallery below for an accurate display of aforementioned imperfections.
This nicely preserved E38 is nearly free of any unexpected cosmetic imperfections – no paintwork, no door dings, no stories – there are no virtually notable exterior imperfections throughout its original, near-flawless Alpine White paint. The exterior window trim and windshield cowl are tidy, and the lower forward-facing fascia shows very minor road rash. The interior surfaces, fabrics, headliner, and leather have no flaws, etching, rips, sagging, nor delaminating material, where the Grey leather is supple and matte to the touch. All interior functions work as intended – BMW’s StarTac on-board phone, window regulators, door locks, Navigation, HVAC, BC functionality, seat and mirror movements, sunroof, and rear sunshades. There are no fault codes, no error messages, no impending services due, and will presumably need nothing for the foreseeable future. This was BMW’s flagship and is still regarded as the best luxury sedan of all-time — justifiably so. It is very rare to find an all-original Alpine White example, with this ownership history, in this condition, with low miles. The fully functional BMW StarTac flip phone factory-mounted on the center console is icing on the cake.