For your consideration – a 1997 BMW Dinan “S2” E36 M3 sedan that has undergone extensive preventative maintenance, has rare quality modifications, low miles, and a true 6-speed manual transmission. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 3-owner, 62k miles, Techno Violet over Black Nappa leather, M3/4/6. Equipped with the utmost best components and most comprehensive maintenance, we’re pleased to offer this beautifully sorted and exceedingly rare E36 M3.
Notable Maintenance —
This is a largely all-original example with a few notable exceptions that increase both the drivability and desirability tenfold. It has recently undergone extensive maintenance to ensure many mechanical components are either brand new, refurbished, rebuilt, and all in perfect working order. We’ve replaced the following; cooling system, all drivetrain and suspension components, and replaced any/all hoses, gaskets, lines, and sensors in the engine bay and under the intake manifold. The modifications, noted beneath, are very tasteful with the large majority NLA (no longer available). Full spreadsheet and paperwork documentation available.
– Engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, differential fluid, transmission fluid
– OE BMW Euro 420G 6-speed, OEM LUK clutch kit, OEM LUK flywheel, rear main seal, and all associated OEM BMW drivetrain components
– Beisan VANOS seals, Beisan VANOS anti-rattle kit, NGK spark plugs, OE BMW camshaft position sensor
– OEM BMW radiator, upper and lower radiator hoses, waterpump, thermostat, thermostat housing, expansion tank, heater hoses
– Lemforder FCABs, RTABs, E30 M3 aluminum control arms, ball joints, motor, transmission, and all (3) differential mounts
This is a complete “Dinan S2” M3. This consists of the complete Dinan catalog and nearly all their accessories minus the supercharger. It retains excellent street drivability, 50-state smog legality, and uncompromised reliability.
– OE BMW Euro 6-speed transmission, brand new driveshaft (w/ CSB, U-joints), Rogue Engineering euro 6MT short shift kit w/ selector rod, rebuilt shifter mechanism, rebuilt 3.23 differential ratio
– Dinan-valved Koni shocks, Dinan springs
– E30 M3 aluminum front control arms
– Dinan adjustable front and rear sway bars
– Dinan front and rear strut tower braces
– Dinan carbon fiber intake
– Dinan throttle body
– Dinan muffler
– Dinan ECU software
– Brand new OE BMW Style 24 Wheels w/ new Continental SportContact tires
– OEM Bosch ‘Euro’ glass headlights w/ MSportParts harness adapter
– “BMW International” door trim badges, BMW 318is/4 Class II (later GT and LTW-applied) glovebox plaque, velocity splitters