This car is SOLD. Please submit a “Want to Buy” form, and we’ll scavenge our nationwide network to source another.
For your consideration – a 2002 BMW E46 M3 offered via remote consignment on behalf of its owner since 2011. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 5-owner, 191k, Steel Gray metallic paint over Imola Red nappa leather interior – with tasteful modifications, thorough maintenance records covering most of the infamous E46 M3 areas.
Notable Maintenance —
Seller reports that since his purchase from Sonnen BMW in 2011, all maintenance been completed through Performance Technic or VT Motorworks. The highlights are as follows –
– Originally an SMG, it was converted to a true manual at Performance Technic in Fremont, CA when the notorious hydraulic pump failed in 2014. The swap was completed with all OEM components, factory software coding, a new UUC clutch, UUC lightweight flywheel, factory manual transmission bell housing, shifter assembly, rear main seal, and more.
– Turner Motorsport subframe reinforcement plates
– Beisan VANOS rebuild
– OE BMW throttle actuator
– Cooling system; water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses, expansion tank, CSF oil cooler and electric SPAL fan
– New factory rear differential mounts and driveshaft
– 10W60 synthetic oil changes in 5-7k mi. intervals
– Ground Control coilovers, Ground Control camber plates
– Polyurethane front control arm bushings, rear trailing arm bushings, subframe bushings
– 18×9.5″ ET22 APEX ARC-8 w/ 265/35-18 Bridgestones
– LED tail lights
– Air conditioning is intermittent
– Interior driver-side door trim is flaking and bubbling
– Rod bearings were replaced under the factory recall at 31,974 miles. Due to current mileage, we recommend replacement strictly as a preventative measure.
This is an honest driver with lots of maintenance complete. Whether the new caretaker’s desired use involves track, street, or a blend of both, this E46 M3 is setup and maintained to deliver guilt-free (s)miles. The Steel Gray front fascia (front fenders, front bumper, hood) was reportedly resprayed by RJ’s Paint Shop in Pleasanton, CA in 2014 due to road rash. The paint has maintained an excellent shine, while there are reports of minor cosmetic imperfections par for the course with age. All interior functions, minus the aforementioned intermittent A/C, work as intended – window regulators, door locks, radio and navigation functionality, seat and mirror movements. This is not a concourse winning E46 M3, but instead a nicely sorted and capable kept to a high standard with nothing but quality parts.
Offered with a clean CA title, maintenance records, registration paid through September 2021, and a valid CA smog certificate.