This car is SOLD. Please submit a “Want to Buy” form, and we’ll scavenge our nationwide network to source another.
For your consideration – an exceedingly rare 2002 BMW E39 M5 that has been awarded consistent quality care, a rebuilt S62, and lots of recent rejuvenation. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 3-owner, 118k mi., Imola Red over Imola Red/Black extended sport Nappa leather interior. This is a beautifully built visceral example with thorough maintenance and choice modifications.
Notable Maintenance —
Circa 2012 @ 103k mi., the S62 was fully rebuilt by CSS Motorsports (Chuck Stickley) with the following:
– Heads, head gaskets, head studs, timing chain, timing chain guides, main bearings, rod bearings, Carillo forged rods, Weisco 11.0:1 forged pistons, new rings, and all associated ancillary hardware
– New injector seals, intake manifold gaskets, pre-cat oxygen sensors, camshaft position sensors, knock sensors, CCV hoses, IAT sensors
– Transmission fluid, differential fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid and hoses, coolant
– @ 70k mi., OEM clutch kit and associated drivetrain components
– @ 117k mi. in November 2021, the M5 received a significant rear-end overhaul at AMS Autowerks:
– Reinforced rear subframe, Powerflex subframe bushings, Powerflex differential mounts, Powerflex FCABs, center link (complete tie rod kit)
– Like-new brake pads, brake rotors
– Brand new OE-size Continental SportContact tires
Notable Modifications —
To complement the forged internals, the following modifications were performed:
– Evolve Medusa 4:1 headers, Supersprint X pipe, Vibrant mufflers
– Evolve Alpha-N software
– Rogue Engineering short shift kit w/ weighted selector rod
– Bilstein PSS9 coilovers
Notable Imperfections —
– Mild road rash on the front fascia
– Mild marring on the interior titan trim
– Rear sunshade is inoperable
– Front seat twist(s)
This is a perfectly optioned, potent, and rare E39 M5. The induction noise and exhaust note sound as if God stepped on a lego. It is mechanically sound with the large slew of maintenance above complete. All interior functions work as intended minus the aforementioned power rear sunshade. Loaded and equipped with front and rear PDC, rear sunshades, heated seats, premium audio, and more. The extended sport Imola nappa seats, interior plastics, alcantara A, B, C pillars and headliner are all in excellent condition as one would expect in the world’s finest luxury sport sedan. However, there is minor marring on the titan interior trim. The exterior paint is in excellent condition having undergone a recent paint correction with no notable imperfections, where all trim is free of cracks and discoloration. With electronically activated individual throttle bodies, aluminum block and heads, and a dry-sump oil system, the S62 has gone down in both the record books and the enthusiast’s hearts as one of the greatest. We’re pleased to offer this late-model stellar example in arguably the most desirable color accompanied with methodical maintenance and tasteful modifications.
Offered as a perfect mixture of preservation and enjoyment, alongside a clean title, accident-free history, and a valid CA smog certificate.