This car is SOLD. Please submit a “Want to Buy” form, and we’ll scavenge our nationwide network to source another.
For your consideration – a non-sunroof, zero-option 1998 BMW E36 M3 Sedan covered in Estoril Blue over Black leather interior with an impressive amount of recent maintenance, top-notch quality modifications, and thorough documentation. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 3-owner, 140k miles, all original VIN tags present and visible. Equipped in a highly desirable and rare configuration mated to a well preserved chassis, we’re pleased to offer this subtly bespoke E36 M3.
Notable Maintenance —
Please view in-depth – this is a very nicely sorted and complete E36 M3 that has received quality mechanical care.
– Synthetic oil changes in 5k mi. intervals
– Engine oil, coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, differential fluid, transmission fluid
– Head gasket, valve guide seals, intake manifold gaskets, vale cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket
– Radiator, upper/lower radiator hoses, water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, expansion tank, fan clutch
– Spark plugs, ignition coils, ignition coil boots, engine air filter
– Oil pan gasket, revised oil pump nut
– Transmission shift detents, OEM LUK clutch kit, JB lightweight flywheel, rear main seal
– Rebuilt steering rack, inner/outer tie rods
– Front control arms, rear trailing arm bushings, wheel bearings, reinforced “RTAB” pockets, Gruppe N rear control arms
The modifications are very few and tasteful amounting to a meaningful difference in comfort, drivability, and performance.
– TC Kline double adjustable coilovers, TC Kline camber plates, TC Kline rear shock mounts
– Turner Motorsport adjustable front & rear sway bars
– Turner Motorsport “shorty” CARB-legal equal-length headers
– Genuine BMW X-brace, Mason Engineering strut tower brace
– M50 manifold w/ Turner Motorsport adapter
– Dinan engine software
– Genuine Bosch European headlights w/ MSportParts European headlight adapters
– Genuine Style 24 Motorsport wheels
Notable Imperfections –
Please reference the gallery below for an accurate display of aforementioned imperfections.
– There is very minor road rash throughout the nose panel
– Rear bumper has been resprayed, but remains the original unit
– Minor wear on driver-seat bolster
This is a fully turn-key, exceptionally rare example equipped with zero factory options. While there is some general wear due to age/use, there are no notable large imperfections and presents beautifully. The seats have no rips, tears, nor severe etching, the dashboard leather, glovebox, non-sunroof headliner, and remainder of fabric are all tight and do not sag. All A pillar, C pillar, and headliner fabric have recently been recovered in genuine BMW material. The exterior paint has maintained excellent depth and has zero fading nor oxidation, where the windshield cowl, front and rear window trim, and door handle gaskets are free of aging and cracking. There is very mild road rash throughout the nose panel and the rear bumper has been resprayed to remedy cosmetic imperfections surfacing after a small 2004 mishap. The suspension, engine, drivetrain, and remainder of mechanical components are in sound working order with lots of scheduled and preventative maintenance complete. No leaks, no overheating, other oddities nor mechanical needs. It is a copacetic M3 built in the very last sedan production week (05/23/1998) and has been kept to a very high standard since. With no sunroof covered in a desirable color combination with thorough maintenance and choice modifications, this is a superb candidate intended for years of enjoyment or investment. Offered with the original window sticker and maintenance paperwork.