This car is SOLD. Please submit a “Want to Buy” form, and we’ll scavenge our nationwide network to source another.
For your consideration – a 1998 BMW E36 M3 Sedan covered in Cosmos Black over Light Grey leather interior with an impressive amount of recent maintenance, top-notch quality modifications, and thorough documentation dating back to 2008. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 4-owner, 138k miles, all original VIN tags present and visible. Equipped with all of the go-to maintenance and modifications mated to a well ordered chassis, we’re pleased to offer this rare and desirable E36 M3.
Notable Maintenance —
Please view in-depth – this is a very nicely sorted and complete E36 M3 that has received quality mechanical care. The majority of suspension and drivetrain components have been replaced and/or refurbished; this includes but is not limited to the following:
– Synthetic oil changes in 5k mi. intervals
– Engine oil, coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid, differential fluid, transmission fluid
– Dr. VANOS anti-rattle kit, VANOS seals, valve cover gasket, spark plugs
– Oil pan gasket, retorqured oil pump nut
– OEM radiator, upper/lower radiator hoses, water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, expansion tank, fan clutch
– OEM LUK clutch kit, OEM LUK flywheel, transmission shift detents, rear main seal
– Rebuilts driveshaft, guibo, steering guibo, center support bearing
– FCABs, RTABs, tie rods, ball joints, sway bar end-links, rebuilt subframes, rear upper & lower inner & outer control arms and ball joints, subframe bushings, differential bushings, rear CV axles, wheel bearings, RTAB pockets are reinforced
– Zimmerman rotors, PFC Z-Rated pads, rebuilt front calipers w/ new pistons, seals
– Rebuilt 1.9L Z3 steering rack
– Power steering reservoir, lines, and cooler
– All belts, pulleys, belt tensioner, Bosch alternator
The modifications are potent and tasteful amounting to a meaningful difference in comfort, drivability, and performance. The catalog of genuine and aftermarket components enhance the beloved E36 chassis and stout S52 tenfold.
– 264/256 Schrick camshafts, 24# Bosch injectors
– 803 Bosch MAF, OE BMW 3.5″ Euro intake, M50 intake manifold
– Turner Motorsport CARB-legal equal-length headers
– Turner Motorsport pulleys
– Rebuilt 3.38 differential
– KW V3 coilovers, Ground Control RSM, Vorshlag camber plates
– Illuminated OE BMW ZHP shift knob
– LeatherZ VDO gauge cluster
– OE BMW US 3-spoke wheel
– Alcantara headliner w/ new A & C pillars
– ZKW H1 Euro headlights, OEM ZKW yellow fog lights
– Genuine BMW Euro clear lights; tail lights, side markers, corner indicators
– OE BMW E38 auto-dimming rear view mirror
– Full Bavsound speakers
– MSportParts (MSP) EU to US headlight adapters, “BMW International” door trim badges, trunk latch reinforcement, BMW GT/GT2-applied velocity splitters
– BBS RK wheels w/ 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE71R tires
Notable Imperfections –
Please reference the gallery below for an accurate display of aforementioned imperfections.
– There are very minor cosmetic imperfections that are par for the course, though presents very nicely overall.
– Rear bumper has been resprayed, but remains the original unit.
This is a turn-key E36 M3 both mechanically and cosmetically. While there is some general wear due to age/use, there are no notable large imperfections – the seats have no rips, tears, nor etching in the leather, the dashboard leather and glovebox are both tight and do not sag, A and C pillars are new with a recently recovered alcantara headliner, and all interior functions work as intended thanks to new door lock actuators and window regulators. The exterior paint has maintained excellent depth and has zero fading nor oxidation, where the windshield cowl, front and rear window trim, and door handle gaskets have recently been replaced. There is very mild road rash throughout the front end and the rear bumper has been resprayed to remedy cosmetic imperfections surfacing after a small 2010 mishap. The suspension, engine, drivetrain, and remainder of mechanical components are in sound working order with all of the go-to maintenance, and much more, complete. No leaks, no overheating, other oddities nor mechanical needs. It is a copacetic M3 built in the very last sedan production month that has been kept to a high standard with moderately low miles and thorough maintenance intended for years of enjoyment or investment.