This car is SOLD. Please submit a “Want to Buy” form, and we’ll scavenge our nationwide network to source another.
For your consideration – a 1997 BMW E36 M3 sedan with a rebuilt S52 motor including forged internals, notable Dinan components and a manual transmission. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 4-owner, 149k miles, Cosmos Black Metallic over Black nappa leather, M3/4/5. Equipped with a CARB-legal Dinan supercharger, selective tasteful modifications, and thorough maintenance, we’re pleased to offer this beautifully sorted and quick E36 M3.
Notable Maintenance —
– Engine was fully built at ~100k mi.; this includes the following –
– 87mm Wiseco forged pistons w/ .050mm overbore, Wiseco wrist pins, forged rods, OEM main and rod bearings, oil pump, full valve job w/ valve guide seals, OEM head gasket. It starts, idles, runs, and performs as smooth as a fully stock motor, but is far more powerful and reliable. Between the built motor and the following maintenance and modifications, this is a proven excellent and reliable recipe.
– OEM LUK clutch kit, flywheel, UUC short shift kit, pivot pin, rear main seal, driveshaft U-joint, center support bearing, giubo, transmission shift detents
– OEM Behr radiator, water pump, aluminum thermostat housing, thermostat, expansion tank
– Valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket, S62 CCV oil seperator
– NGK spark plugs, Bremi ignition coils
– All belts, pulleys, belt tensioners
– Engine oil in 4-5k mi. intervals, BMW coolant
The modifications are few but pack a large punch while tasteful, tolerant and street-friendly in nature. The Dinan supercharger and exhaust retain California legality (CARB legal), and drives like stock on steroids, while the suspension remains compliant for street and mild track use.
– Dinan supercharger kit; Vortech V2 charger, 6-rib 10psi Dinan charger pulley, MSP intake piping, MSP supercharger drain tube, 32lb. Dinan injectors
– Dinan software
– Bilstein Sport shocks w/ H&R Sport springs, OEM BMW front and rear strut mounts
– MSportParts “BMW International” door trim badges, MSP M cluster logo, trunk latch reinforcement, BMW GT/GT2-applied velocity splitters
– A fully-functional OE BMW keyless entry system. Seamless installation with no additional wiring nor aftermarket alarm components
Noteworthy Mentions —
– The M3 was resprayed circa 2014 presumably due to clear coat failure. This was an extensive trim/windows out job that was not due to any accident nor damage. No bondo, filler, nor bodywork. It has maintained excellent depth and consistency, and presents very nicely to this day.
– Minor imperfection on driver-side front bumper and forward-facing edge of the hood
Cosmetically, the window trim, windshield cowl, interior plastics, and fabrics, are all in excellent shape and/or new. There are no notable imperfections in the interior – the seat bolsters are in good shape with average flaws, the dashboard leather and glovebox are tight without signs of sagging, A, B, C pillars are taught, headliner has been recently replaced, and all OBD/HVAC functionality work as intended. The exterior is free of any major dents, scratches, or etching minus the aforementioned imperfections above. The suspension, engine, drivetrain, and all mechanical components are all in perfect working order. No leaks, no overheating, other oddities or mechanical needs. It is copacetic, and equally as reliable as a stock E36 M3 with the benefit of an additional carb-legal ~150WHP.