This car is SOLD. Please submit a “Want to Buy” form, and we’ll scavenge our nationwide network to source another.
For your consideration – a 1997 BMW E36 M3 sedan formally offered by EAG, with notable Dinan components, loads of recent maintenance, low miles, and a manual transmission. Please see below for additional details, pictures, and an inquiry form –
Overview: 3-owner, 107k miles, Arctic Silver over Black nappa leather, M3/4/5. Equipped with a CARB-legal Dinan supercharger, selective tasteful modifications, and thorough preventative maintenance, we’re pleased to offer this beautifully sorted and potent E36 M3.
Notable Maintenance —
Upon the rejuvenation and restoration work 1,200 mi. ago, the head was machined, replaced the valve guide seals, head gasket, front timing cover, VANOS seals, timing chain, timing chain guides, installed ARP head studs, entire cooling system, clutch, flywheel, drivetrain components, resealed the intake manifold, and replaced any/all hoses, gaskets, lines and fittings in the engine bay; details as follows –
– OEM LUK clutch kit, flywheel, pivot pin, deleted CDV, rear main seal, steering guibo, guibo, 6-bolt driveshaft U-joint, center support bearing, shifter bushing and seal, transmission shift detents
– OEM BMW head gasket, ARP head studs, valve guide seals, Beisan VANOS seals, timing chain and timing chain guides, valve cover, oil filter housing gasket
– S54 Z3M 3-row radiator, OEM upper and lower hoses, Stewart metal-impeller waterpump, aluminum thermostat housing, thermostat, expansion tank, heater hoses
– Intake manifold, throttle body gaskets, OE BMW camshaft position sensor
– All belts, pulleys, belt tensioners
– Bosch starter
– OEM BMW motor mounts, transmission mounts, tie rods, ball joints, sway bar end links
The modifications are relatively few, tasteful, and majority are NLA (no longer available). Both the engine, suspension, and chassis modifications do not effect drivability and/or reliability; they simply enhance an already balanced and strong platform. The Dinan supercharger retains California legality (CARB legal), and drives like stock on steroids being conservative in nature. The Ground Control coilovers and polyurethane suspension bushings are tame and tolerable on the street. It starts, shifts, accelerates, and performs as it should – only far more powerful with the same healthy, linear power band.
– Dinan supercharger kit; Vortech V3 Si charger, 10psi, Vortech 5.25″ crank pulley, 3.12″ charger pulley, 42lb. injectors
– Dinan software
– Dynasport 256/250 camshafts
– MSportParts oil catch-can
– Ground Control coilovers; Koni struts, Eibach 450/550 springs
– Ground Control camber plates, rear shock mounts, articulating rear spring perches
– AKG front control arm bushings, AKG rear trailing arm bushings
– Recaro “Speed” SR seats; OE BMW mounts, Recaro sliders
– BMW Becker “TrafficPro” radio
– Bosch ‘Euro’ glass headlights w/ MSportParts harness adapter
– MSportParts “BMW International” door trim badges, BMW 318is/4 Class II (later GT and LTW-applied) glovebox plaque, M cluster logo, trunk latch reinforcement
– A fully-functional OE BMW keyless entry system. Seamless installation with no additional wiring nor aftermarket alarm components
– ‘APE’ E85 flex fuel kit; this allows for any blend of octane and ethanol on the fly – no additional tuning required
Your choice of the following; both sets pictured in the gallery –
– New full polished OE BMW Style 24 wheels or new polished OE BMW Style 24 wheels w/ new OE-sized Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires
Notable Imperfections –
– The car was resprayed circa 2006. This was an extensive trim/windows out job that was not due to any accident nor damage, just as a refresh. No bondo, filler, or bodywork. ALL VIN tags are present and visible showing all-original body panels.
– There is one minor paint blemish on the driver-door and trunk surface